header

Monday, October 20, 2008

The book has shipped to the country!

At SPX a couple of weeks ago I finally saw the printed copy of my book! It sold well (we sold out of the 3 cases we had shipped in for the show) and it looks great - the paper quality is nice, the ink took well, the cover looks fantastic - I couldn't be happier with the production quality. 





The tan color will stay the same on each book, but the red will change - the next one is likely blue, one might be green, etc. Plus the spine picture will change each time. $14.99! The 29th date isn't going to happen because of early customs hold-ups, but it's on its way now and will be on shelves November 12th! The last couple of weeks have been crazy busy. A quick wrap up: • Got an amazing car from my grandmother - a 1990 Honda Accord wagon with only 30-something thousand miles on it. • Subterranean #1 came out with my Carl Barks story. • Officiated a wedding for my old friends Dusty Huber and Melissa Underwood (now Huber) in KY. • Drove to KY in second gear when our transmission sensor broke in the new car. • Paid lots and lots to have it fixed, but am happy because the mechanics went over every inch and can see no other foreseeable future car problems. • Took part in SCAD-Atlanta's 24-Hour art challenge where I wrote and pencilled a story but then decide to build an enviromental maquette of an overgrown gorilla temple rather than ink it. • Got to visit with Liz's mom and brother when they drove our car back to ATL for us. • Got the November issue of Nickelodeon magazine which has one of my cartoons in it (pick it up! It's got the "Madagascar" animals on the cover). • Sold a full-page comic to Nickelodeon that will be in some upcoming issue (I'll keep you posted). • Am planning for SCAD-Atlanta's Publisher's Forum this weekend, where we'll host James Lucas Jones from Oni, Axel Alonso from Marvel, and Chris Staros from Top Shelf. • Set up some signings for November - times will be posted in the "About" section soon. - November 22nd • Clarksville, TN • Borders - November 24th • Murray, KY • Murray State University • Lecture and Signing - November 29th • Hopkinsville, KY • Books on Main • Made it past the mid-term week of classes (the students are great), plus got my tentative teaching schedule for the next year and a half. • Have gotten really into maquette building. • Lost my keys in Washingtom, DC. That's the high points, I guess. Whew! I'll try to post more often (but I always say that).

17 comments:

Dusty said...

So, which of these signings can I reserve a copy at?

Chris Schweizer said...

I'd say Main Street (Coffee, And). Plus I've got something else for you that's related.

Also, thanks SO much for the gift card! I feel like a class-a jerk 'cause I wasn't trying to hint, I was just trying to think of something funny to insert that would benefit me. But I really, really, REALLY appreciate it.

Congrats again!

Jacob York said...

Man, that book looks great...

Unknown said...

Boy, you don't post often, but when you do -- Holy Cow! Lots of great exciting news.

Someday you've got to tell the story of how you've come to officiate at weddings.

Dusty said...

We felt really bad because we'd forgotten to get you anything, so when you were joking around I figured, "What the heck!"

Shawn Crystal said...

Chris, congrats on ALL fronts. You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATU-FREAKING-LATIONS!!! It's finally out, can't wait to get it. I'm glad you're happy with it, it looks absolutely beautiful.

Dude, this is so cool. Really, congrats.

Now when's we gonna see more Regina Rich?

Unknown said...

Hi Chris,
Congratulations on the book, and all your freelance as well.

Hopefully, I will be seeing you soon on the convention circuit.

Robbyn said...

So if your very excited and very proud friend Robbyn now lives a sizable drive from Atlanta...how does she get a copy. You know I must have one!

I really am proud Chris...this is amazing! Say hi to the wifey!

Francis Vallejo said...

the book looks awesome man!

Cascade/Jordan said...

Chris,
The book not only looks great, but IS great. Im about a quarter in after finally starting last night.

Also the Avengers (no framed) watch me as I eat breakfast every morning. Thank you so much!

Chris Schweizer said...

Thanks, Jordan - I'm glad you're enjoying it! Hope to see you again at next year's SPX, and I'm glad to hear that the Avengers are prominently featured... makes me happy to know it isn't sitting in a drawer somewhere.

Cascade/Jordan said...

Ok, finished it! It was AWESOME. I havent enjoyed a pirate book like this since "Under the Black Flag."

But I must admit, its kind of sad to think that we wont ever really get to see Catfoot again.

Vee ! said...

I think the best thing about the book is that you drew yourself in as a character.

Chris Schweizer said...

Jordan,
Says who? Seems by my reckoning, he'd be about thirty-five in 1716, just about the time that Blackbeard, Calico Jack, Anne Bonny, and all those other pirates kicked into full gear. Just the right amount of time to become a grizzled pirate captain...

Also, Under the Black Flag is the book that started me on a five-year pirate kick, culminating in Vengeance.

Unknown said...

I presented at a workshop for librarians and told them they all needed to buy your book for their collection!

My copy is going to be brought by Santa this year!

Anonymous said...

Chris,

The book is fantastic. It was everything you sold us on when we talked to you at Free Comic Book Day and more.

I can't wait for the next one!

Brian
(from the Dollar Bin)